The Story Behind
For over 20 years LGTAG has served all levels of local government covering the whole range of local authority technical services. It is now recognised as the leading technical body for Local Government covering major Metropolitan and City Regions as well as the diversity of Counties and Unitary Authorities.
It serves all levels of local government covering the whole range of local authority technical services.
LGTAG’s main aim is to represent members’ interests, by responding to European and UK Government initiatives and consultations, by promoting initiatives aimed at influencing Government policy and through the development of best practices.
Local Government Technical Advisers Group, providing coordinated and comprehensive advice and support to technical professionals employed by local authorities directly or indirectly to manage and advise on their services.
We continue to be at the forefront of establishing and disseminating best practice and work closely with other bodies to ensure opportunities are maximised.
To achieve these aims, LGTAG works through its network of Regions, Technical Committees, Topic Groups and individual contacts to provide a hugely diverse and representative network of professional officers. The meetings Tab provides more information on these, but many papers are only available to paid up member organisations. The Main event in the annual calendar is the AGM and Presidents Seminar normally held in May.
Membership of LGTAG is by authority or organisation and once an organisation is a member any number of individuals in that organisation can take part in LGTAG activities.
LGTAG organisations are responsible for:
- Over half the road network serving the major conurbations and Unitary authorities
- Three-quarters of the brown field development land
- Over half of the population of England and Wales.
- Half of the coast line of England
- Two thirds of the most susceptible areas to flooding.
The focus of activity for LGTAG, through the network of Members, is representing member interests and providing advice to:
- Technical professionals serving local government
- The Local Government Associations
- Central government through consultation and being part of working groups on specific issues
TAG achieves these objectives by developing policy and best practice through:
- Research by individual officers and the work of TAG committees and TAG topic groups
- The promotion of a seminar programme in conjunction with other associations or as standalone TAG events
- Co-operation with other associations at a national, and where appropriate European and international level.
As mentioned on the home page various useful attachments can be seen as below including the business plan, the TAG constitution and the nomination form for the John Holdsworth award.
The Lgtag’s logos can be found and download from top slider in this about us page.
The People Behind
We are an exclusive network of experts serving all levels of local government to cover the whole range of local authority technical services.
Our Satisfied Members
Please take a moment and read what some members have to say about their experience working and partner with us
LGTAG is an excellent organisation which helps to keep you up to date with politics, changing legislation and allows you to discuss common problems with engineering colleagues.
LGTAG brought together so many Technical Officers of real calibre, and continues to spread good practice and excellence!
Joining LGTAG was an efficiency measure and highly valued in both the financial
and technical fields.